Missouri men’s basketball is set to conclude its three-game homestand with a match against SIU Edwardsville on Monday night at 7 p.m. at Mizzou Arena, broadcast on SEC Network+.
- Mizzou split its first two games, defeating Arkansas-Pine Bluff and falling to Memphis. Five Tigers are scoring in double figures.
- SIU Edwardsville also split its first two games, losing to Dayton and defeating North Park. Shamar Wright scored 29 points in Thursday’s win.
- Missouri leads the series against SIUE, winning all three previous contests. Last season, Missouri defeated SIUE 105-80.
- Missouri has a strong historical record against Ohio Valley Conference schools, with a 40-1 all-time record.
- Senior Sean East II has started the season strongly, leading the team in scoring in both of the first two games, averaging 17.5 points.
- Scoring at least 70 points has been a significant factor for Mizzou under Coach Gates, with a perfect 24-0 record when reaching that benchmark.
- The importance of the 3-point shot continues for Missouri, with a 25-3 record when making at least seven triples in a game.
- Nick Honor, one of the SEC’s best 3-point shooters, leads MU with six made triples, hitting 46.2 percent.
- Mizzou has a depth of scoring options, with five players currently scoring in double figures.
- The Tigers play at a quick pace, averaging just 13.9 seconds per offensive possession, ranking 10th in the country.
Missouri will look to secure a win against SIU Edwardsville and build momentum in the early part of the season.